Mmmhhmm I am in love, I am in love with this cheesecake. I have been making this cheesecake for the past 4 years or so and so has the rest of my family. We call it Aunt Mary Ann’s Cheesecake (Who is actually my great aunt).
***Just a heads up this will take quite awhile to make so give yourself plenty of time!***
Aunt Mary Ann’s Cheesecake:
Crust: (Approximate time: 15 mins)
- 1 1/2 cups Graham Cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Butter (melted)
Main Filling: (Approximate time: 50 mins)
- 2 – 8oz packages of Cream Cheese room temperature (Philadelphia Brand is a MUST!!)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 3/4 t. Vanilla
Top Part of Cheesecake: (Approximate time: 15 mins)
- 1 pint Sour Cream (Full fat, might as well splurge for a fabulous Cheesecake!)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Sugar
–Making the Graham Cracker Crust:–
- Put the graham crackers in a ziplock bag and crush them. (Skip if you bought Graham cracker crumbs)
- Measure out 1 & 1/2 cups of Graham Cracker Crumbs and pour into a medium mixing bowl. Then add your sugar and melted butter.
- Mix with a fork then press into the bottom of a spring form pan to create a crust.
- Place into fridge until you need it later.
*(If crust is not sticking enough then drizzle a bit more melted butter over the dry parts until it stays)*
–Making the Main Filling:- Preheat oven to: 375* F
- In a large bowl, mix together the room temperature cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the ingredients until “smooth, creamy, and luscious”. This will take about 20 minutes worth of mixing so get ready for a work out. Also make sure you have your spatula on hand.
- Take the crust out of the fridge and pour all of the filling into the crust.
- Place into preheated oven and bake at 375*F for 20 minutes.
Let cheesecake stand on oven for 15 minutes!! While you wait, make the topping.
-Making the Topping- Turn oven to: 475*F
- In a medium bowl, add the sour cream, vanilla, and sugar.
- Mix by HAND with a spoon.
- After the cheesecake has been out for 15 minutes, blop the topping by spoonful over the cheesecake, and spread.
- Bake at 475*F for 10 minutes.
After done baking, let cool for mins before covering with tinfoil or saran-wrap.
Put in fridge for 5 to 6 hours before serving.
-The Dessert Monster-